Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Jeffrey Porter <PO...@WMGMAIL.wmg.warwick.ac.uk> on 2006/03/03 10:25:33 UTC

HTTPS connection example

Hello all,

I'm new to HTTP-client, so please be gentle :-)

I'm trying to make a connection to a website
(https://web.xxxx.com/AS/Journal/).

How do I tell the authentication mechanism it uses? Do I need to know?

Is there a simple example/tutorial on HTTPS connections? (other than the
FormLoginDemo.java)

Is there a decent website to start learning from?

Thanks

Jeff

Re: HTTPS connection example

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello Jeff,

is this decent enough?

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/index.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html

You probably don't need to know the authentication mechanism.
But you do need to know whether there is one.

cheers,
  Roland

"Jeffrey Porter" <PO...@WMGMAIL.wmg.warwick.ac.uk>
03.03.2006 10:25