Posted to dev@griffin.apache.org by Tushar Patil <tu...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/24 14:00:55 UTC

Code merge policy

Hi,

I recently contributed to griffin project, PR request got merged to master but contributor list is not showing my username.

I observed that PR closed with unmerged commits. We should make standard process for this.

Regards,
Tushar

Re: Code merge policy

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
hi Tushar,

I don't see your name in contributors.

Could you check whether the email address in your commit is the exactly
same as the email from github.

https://github.com/settings/emails

I checked your commit and cannot find your email address in it.

Author: tusharpatil20 <35...@users.noreply.github.com>

you need to run git config user.email to set this.

But we cannot change griffin git commit history,  so you have to push
another PR to make your name in contributors.

Thanks,
William

Re: Code merge policy

Posted by Tushar Patil <tu...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,

Re: Code merge policy

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
hi Verma,

I have seen your name in contributors in griffin repo,

https://github.com/apache/griffin/graphs/contributors

Thanks,
William

Re: Code merge policy

Posted by Chitral Verma <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,

Re: Code merge policy

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
hi Tushar,

Re:Code merge policy

Posted by 万昆 <wa...@163.com>.

Hi, Tushar
There are many contributors to Apache Griffin project, so we don't have a list of contributors, but if you can continue to provide PR for a while, you will be invited to be a committer, and you can see your name on the website.
    Your PR had been closed and merged into master branch .
    Can you tell me where you see the status of unmerged ?