Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pradeep Gummi <pr...@villanova.edu> on 2003/09/08 16:38:08 UTC

problem modifying classpath using external classes in Tomcat 4.0

Hi All,
I am trying to use external classes used for my web app by adding a jar
of the class folder to the class path. I have realized that by doing
this, only the classes existing in the folder are being accessed and
not the classes that are in its sub folders.
Say for example,
saclasses

|--A.class
|--B.class
|--C.class
|--SaApi
|    |
|    |---D.class
|    |---E.class
|--Sa
    |--- F.class

By adding saclasses.jar to the classpath, I am able to include only the
classes A, B and C and not D, E,F. I later tried by adding SaApi.jar
and Sa.jar to the classpath and then the classes are being identified
by the web app. Since, I have a large number of classes and folders,
its really not practical to add all jars individually.
Any suggestions
pradeep