Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Frank Temi <fr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/10 01:48:24 UTC

Lexical Error

Hi there.  First off sorry if this is a re-post.

I currently use velocity 1.3-dev and wanted to
upgrade.  When I did however I am now receiving this
error:

Lexical error:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.TokenMgrError:
Lexical error at line 5, column 33.  Encountered: "."
(46), after : "\"\\"
org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException:
Lexical error:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.TokenMgrError:
Lexical error at line 5, column 33.  Encountered: "."
(46), after : "\"\\"

I receive it in a few places but here is an example to
make this occur:

#set($string="example.org")
#set($temp=$string.replaceAll("\..+",""))

$temp in this example will have the ending result of
"example".  Well it did with the earlier version but
I've tried 1.3.1, and what is in CVS, and it returns
the above error message.

Is this a Velocity error itself?  Or should I modify
my code where this error occurs?

Thanks