Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Pingle Wang <12...@qq.com> on 2019/01/07 04:36:56 UTC

回复: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Pulsar

Dear all:
   when I PR found, we have pulsar-external(sub-module) under /pulsar, as long-term, other computing engine can be rolled under /pulsar-external as well:
/pulsar-external          |-- pulsar-flink          |-- pulsar-spark          |-- pulsar-storm etc..

WDYT?

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 12:15 AM Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jan 6, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > That’s a good suggestion. I also think that provides a better way to
> > organize sub modules for now or even mid-term.
> >
> > However in long term, we should try to move out them out of Pulsar repo,
> or
> > even to push to corresponding computing engine repo.
>
> Are you suggesting that these be kept by the Pulsar project or donated to
> the other projects?

We could do either approaches - moving to a separate apache repo that
managed by Pulsar PMC,
or pushing the sub module to upstream projects.

For SPE related integration, I am more in favor of pushing them to upstream
projects (e.g. pushing
pulsar-flink integration to flink). This would give Pulsar more exposures
to other communities, and
lead a closer collaboration between pulsar and other projects. Because the
upstream projects have
more experts on (helping) maintaining & improving those connectors.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Pulsar

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Pulsar

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
That’s a good suggestion. I also think that provides a better way to
organize sub modules for now or even mid-term.

However in long term, we should try to move out them out of Pulsar repo, or
even to push to corresponding computing engine repo. This would 1) allow
those modules having their own release schedules without interfering with
pulsar core release, 2) allow more exposures or publicity of Pulsar if they
are pushed to the computing engine’s repo. E.g. pulsar-storm goes to storm
repo, pulsar-flink goes to flink repo and pulsar-spark goes to spark repo.

Hope this makes sense!

Sijie

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 1:43 PM Pingle Wang <12...@qq.com> wrote:

> sorry, the photo not show in content. The structure is as follows:
> /pulsar
>      /pulsar-external
>          /pulsar-flink
>          /pulsar-spark
>          /pulsar-storm etc..

回复: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Pulsar

   when I PR found, we can have pulsar-external(sub-module) under /pulsar, as long-term, other computing engine can be rolled under /pulsar-external as well:

回复: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Pulsar

Posted by Pingle Wang <12...@qq.com>.
like: