Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Uttenthaler <to...@aon.at> on 2001/04/03 20:55:16 UTC

Tomcat+Apache+Virtual Host

Hi Folks,

I have tried to configure Jakarta/Tomcat for different Apache-Vhosts, which
should have different servlet/jsp-spaces.

Therefore I used the Howto which was posted by Phillip Rhodes (5/Jan/2001).
The instance for the Vhost is running with Port 7001 (http).
http://kienes.webmasters.at
and
http://kienes.webmasters.at:7001
give the same index.html as response, which is in the Apache-Vhost-Directory.

So far, so good.
http://kienes.webmasters.at:7001/numguess.jsp 500
http://kienes.webmasters.at:7001/servlet/ 404
http://kienes.webmasters.at:7001/servlet/Snoop2 404

(I have renamed the SnoopServlet.cass for being able to differe whatever
the servlet is read from the right directory.)

The Tomcat-Engine works well, reachable on Port 7000 and over Apache
through the mod_jk.
I have alreade invested more than a dozen of hours in fixing this, can
anybody give me a hint?

Where shall I put the Servlets and the JSP? In the Vhost-Directory/servlet
or in the
/usr/local/jakarta/build/tomcat/kienes.webmasters.at/servlet or in
something like WEB-INF, ROOT, classes, etc?

thx in advance
Tom