Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Paul King <ki...@asert.com.au> on 2003/01/22 01:40:05 UTC

Re: proposed patch to ANT SQL task (response & Jalopy config request)

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Paul King <ki...@asert.com.au> wrote:
>

>For the JDBC drivers I have used so far, one could always encode the
>properties inside the URL, but a more explicit way may be better, I
>agree.
>

>>And I can support properties:
>>
>>    properties="weblogic.server.url=t3://localhost:7001;weblogic.jdbc.datasource=Testing-ageapp-AgeDS"
>>

>rather than using a whatever-delimited String, I'd use nested
>elements:

I'll see if I can support both.  The above style works well for me
because I have to pass the
string in to my client programs using a filter anyway and this is the
format the client programs need.

>>I haven't checked that my code meets any style guidelines at this
>>point
>>

>You should 8-) Looks as if you were in violation of the no-tabs rule.

Does anyone have a pretty printer (Jalopy?) set up with the formatting
part of the
coding style already configured?

>>I also wanted to support datasources directly
>>

>Not going into code details here - Ant is supposed to work on JDK 1.1,
>so we may very well get into trouble when we require features that are
>not available there.

OK, I'll scrap that idea for now - perhaps it belongs in a separate
optional <SQLDS>
or similar tag in the future.

Re: proposed patch to ANT SQL task (response & Jalopy config request)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Paul King <ki...@asert.com.au> wrote:

>>>I also wanted to support datasources directly
>
> OK, I'll scrap that idea for now - perhaps it belongs in a separate
> optional <SQLDS> or similar tag in the future.

Or really implement that <connection> datatype which could be a facade
to JNDI among other things ...

Stefan