Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/19 15:10:00 UTC

[VOTE] Apache XmlBeans 5.1.1 release (RC2)

Hi everyone,

I've prepared artifacts for the release of Apache XmlBeans 5.1.1 (RC2). This is built with Java 8.

The most notable changes in this release are:

* Adjust Class loading to allow using XMLBeans on Android
* Performance enhancement for interface extension generation
* Remove xstc tool
* Upgrade dependencies (javaparser-core 3.24.4, Saxon-HE 11.4, log4j-api 2.18.0)

A full list of changes is available in the change log:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10436&version=12351806

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-612?jql=project%20%3D%20XMLBEANS%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Version%205.1.1%22

The artifacts are at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/poi/xmlbeans/dev/

You can use this maven URL for your mvn/gradle builds:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging

I haven't updated the "provided" dependencies as those have to be activated anyway explicitly.

Please vote to release the artifacts.

The vote is open until 2022-08-26 23:00 UTC.

Planned release announcement date is Monday, 2022-08-27.

Here is my +1

PJ

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache XmlBeans 5.1.1 release (RC2)

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi everyone,

The vote has passed with 3 +1s from PMC members (Dominik, Marius, me).

I will proceed with the release and email the announcements later today.

On Saturday 27 August 2022 at 14:43:07 IST, PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

Thanks Marius. I'll leave the vote open until Monday, August 29th (23:00 UTC) just in case anyone else wants to have a look.

On Saturday 27 August 2022 at 14:38:05 IST, Marius Volkhart <ma...@volkhart.com> wrote:

+1 from me.

Thanks for following up PJ!

Cheers,
Marius

Re: [VOTE] Apache XmlBeans 5.1.1 release (RC2)

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Marius Volkhart <ma...@volkhart.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.