Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Erik Torres <et...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/31 10:36:39 UTC

Missing module spark-hadoop-cloud in Maven central

Hi,

I'm following this documentation to configure my Spark-based application to interact with Amazon S3. However, I cannot find the spark-hadoop-cloud module in Maven central for the non-commercial distribution of Apache Spark. From the documentation I would expect that I can get this module as a Maven dependency in my project. However, I ended up building the spark-hadoop-cloud module from the Spark's code.

Is this the expected way to setup the integration with Amazon S3? I think I'm missing something here.

Thanks in advance!

Erik

Re: Missing module spark-hadoop-cloud in Maven central

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Hi, Stephen and Steve.

Apache Spark community starts to publish it as a snapshot and Apache Spark 3.2.0 will be the first release has it.

- https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/spark/spark-hadoop-cloud_2.12/3.2.0-SNAPSHOT/

Please check the snapshot artifacts and file an Apache Spark JIRA if you hit some issues.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen Coy <sc...@infomedia.com.au.INVALID>.

I'm following this documentation<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fspark.apache.org%2Fdocs%2Flatest%2Fcloud-integration.html%23installation&data=04%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7C48cf9fe9843c4098c1b108d924308527%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C1%7C637580613083245927%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=FxcJw%2Fw31BJrKmF7U8flqan9nC%2BP8NbiGzVKi5wghog%3D&reserved=0> to configure my Spark-based application to interact with Amazon S3. However, I cannot find the spark-hadoop-cloud module in Maven central for the non-commercial distribution of Apache Spark. From the documentation I would expect that I can get this module as a Maven dependency in my project. However, I ended up building the spark-hadoop-cloud module from the Spark's code<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fspark&data=04%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7C48cf9fe9843c4098c1b108d924308527%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C1%7C637580613083255922%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=L9rv29WmZCRAaRtBjVRiM9MXVkvGjeFG%2BaIgOhGeSh8%3D&reserved=0>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.