Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by dduvnjak <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/28 15:42:34 UTC

Dynamic configuration reload for ActiveMQ?

i've installed ActiveMQ in Karaf. is there any way to add/remove users from
ActiveMQ with Karaf, without restarting ActiveMQ?
Manual equivalent woud be to edit activemq.xml file, add a new
authenticationUser entry and restart ActiveMQ service. I'm trying to do the
same but wihtout restarting ActiveMQ and causing a downtime.

Thanks.

Re: Dynamic configuration reload for ActiveMQ?

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
This is perhaps a page coming from old Fuse ESB doc but the content is
really accurate/appropriate for the users !

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Dynamic configuration reload for ActiveMQ?

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

You can configure the ActiveMQ JAAS plugin to use the karaf realm in
activemq.xml:

         <plugins>
             <jaasAuthenticationPlugin configuration="karaf"/>
         </plugins>

It will use the karaf realm with the different login module:

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/security.html

Regards
JB

On 08/28/2014 03:42 PM, dduvnjak wrote:
> i've installed ActiveMQ in Karaf. is there any way to add/remove users from
> ActiveMQ with Karaf, without restarting ActiveMQ?
> Manual equivalent woud be to edit activemq.xml file, add a new
> authenticationUser entry and restart ActiveMQ service. I'm trying to do the
> same but wihtout restarting ActiveMQ and causing a downtime.
>
> Thanks.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net