Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Finkelstein <sf...@stevefink.net> on 2008/03/14 22:32:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Logging mod_deflate compression ratios

Well, since I use VirtualHosts, I guess the right thing to do would be
to stuff the CustomLog into a VirtualHost directive, silly me. :P

One last question.  I'm trying to figure out how the ratio system
works for this log config.  For instance:

"GET /javascript/ext/ext-all.js HTTP/1.1" 134241 (26) "Mozilla/5.0
(Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201
Firefox/2.0.0.12"

New filesize is 134241 after compression. If the original size is
507857, where is it deriving (26) from? What does the 'ratio' signify?
It's not percentage in savings, clearly.

/sf