Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/25 05:18:33 UTC

What is APR ?

Hi all,
    Is APR for Tomcat is any native library or java ? Where to get it ?
--
rgds
Anto Paul

Re: What is APR ?

Blocking public access to certain Context

Posted by Foo Shyn <fo...@mnc.com.my>.
Hi all,

I get this request to configure Tomcat 4.1 so that certain context can be
allow to be access through local IP and not through public IP. I'd tried to
used the valve tag settings in the Context tag to deny the request but
failed. It seems that the tag only denied the configured client IP. Is there
any other configuration i can do to block public access to certain context
in Tomcat??

Thanx.

Regards,
F.S.

Newbie: Connection refused first time on Tomcat

Posted by "Bruce E. Stemplewski" <Br...@stempsoft.com>.
I just installed Tomcat for the first time ever so please forgive the
newbie question.  I installed Apache Tomcat 5.5.9 Server and J2RE JSE
5.0 on an XP operating system.  Tomcat starts up fine but when I try to
go to the Welcome page, or the Manager Page.  I get "The connection was
refused attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:8080"  in FireFox, IE gives me
this page cannot be displayed.

I check the Tomcat logs and the  stdout log has a few entries that read:

This release of Apache Tomcat was packaged to run on J2SE 5.0
or later. It can be run on earlier JVMs by downloading and
installing a compatibility package from the Apache Tomcat
binary download page.

Any ideas what I should look at first?

Bruce Stemplewski
www.stempsoft.com

"We are all in the same boat in a stormy sea,
and we owe each other a terrible loyalty".
G. K. Chesterton