Posted to dev@seatunnel.apache.org by Zongwen Li <zo...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/07 09:36:21 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Decoupling connectors from compute engines

The goal of  Apache SeaTunnel is different from Apache Beam.
Apache SeaTunnel focuses on source and sink connectors, and develops
features in the field of data integration;
Apache Beam focuses and unifies all the functions of the compute engine,
including operators such as join, connect, map, etc. and it doesn't unify
streaming and batch source.

This improvement proposal is to solve the current problems encountered by
SeaTunnel . If you have better ideas, you can bring them up for discussion.

Best,
Zongwen Li

leo65535 <le...@163.com> 于2022年4月29日周五 16:14写道:

Posted by 范佳 <fa...@qq.com.INVALID>.
I agree with zongwen's point of view, the purpose of making your own API is to help developers develop Connectors suitable for SeaTunnel better and faster. It can be understood that our Connector supports Spark and Flink, not that our Connector depends on Spark and Flink. I think this point is important so that we can do SeaTunnel's own stuff.