Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org> on 2012/02/06 19:39:40 UTC

solrcore.properties

Looking at SOLR-1335 and the wiki, I'm not quite sure of the final behavior for this.

These properties are per-core, and not visible in other cores, right?

Are variables substituted in solr.xml, so I can swap in different properties files for dev, test, and prod? Like this:

<core name="mary" properties="conf/solrcore-${env:dev}.properties"/>

If that does not work, what are the best practices for managing dev/test/prod configs for Solr?

wunder
--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: solrcore.properties

Posted by darul <da...@gmail.com>.
Walter Underwood wrote

> Looking at SOLR-1335 and the wiki, I'm not quite sure of the final
> behavior for this.
>
> These properties are per-core, and not visible in other cores, right?

yes it is.

Walter Underwood wrote

> Are variables substituted in solr.xml, so I can swap in different
> properties files for dev, test, and prod? Like this:
>
> <core name="mary" properties="conf/solrcore-${env:dev}.properties"/>
>
> If that does not work, what are the best practices for managing
> dev/test/prod configs for Solr?

As you can see here http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin I am not sure you
can set a property file to be loaded per core with this variable syntax.
Does someone may confirm ?

What we have made here is a maven project, some variable properties in
.properties or .xml solr configuration files. Then while generating project,
we use maven profile to generate dev/prod...distribution.

Wish it can help you,

Jul