Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ramesh Sakala <rs...@digev.com> on 2003/10/21 00:22:25 UTC

Couple of questions on Axis Handlers

Hi All,

I have couple of questions on Axis handlers. Any help in answering this questions (answers, hints, pointers are all welcome) is greatly appreciated.

1. I want to configure request and response handlers at the application scope. When I do this, my understanding is that only one instance of these handlers get created and get used for all web service requests. Is this true when I configure handlers at each web service level and also as part of global chain?

2. Also, when I use Application scope request and response handlers, will one instance of these handler get created for each web service or only one gets created for the whole Apache Axis engine?

3. My request handler need some initialization so that it does not take long time on the first request to initialize. I think I read in one of the newsgroup emails that if the Axis service is set to load on startup, it calls the init method of the handlers on the startup  of the app server itself. It looks like that is now Axis 1.0 worked. Does Axis 1.1 fix this?

4. How about the destroy method. Handler's destroy is not getting on called when App Server is shutdown/unloaded. Like the initialization, I have some unload() work which need to be done on the shutdown. In Axis 1.0, It looks like the destroy method is not getting called on the shutdown. Does Axis 1.1 fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Ramesh.