Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/15 19:15:19 UTC

NuttX Copyright Info.

This was posted on the Apache legal mail system.  I thought it might be
of general interest to other people as well, so I will repost here:

Here is better, more complete data about the Copyrights in NuttX.  The
apps/ directory does contain a considerable amount of ported 3rd party
code which which throws thing off a bit.  The core OS is exceptionally
clean with mostly original code; the applications are a hodge-podge of
original and ported code.

Identification of Copyright notices was accomplished using 'grep'.  It
is prone to some errors in that it does not understand the context of
the Copyright.  Some of these may not be Copyrights on the file itself
be some reference to other Copyrighted material.  'grep' isn't smart
enough to know the difference.:

This should be a complete accounting of all Copyrights other than any
possible (probable) human errors.  The executive summary is that I hold
88% of copyrights.  171 other people/organizations hold also have
Copyrights.

                                         nuttx/ apps/ TOTAL
Total Number of (regular) file:         13792  2961 16753
Total Number of files with Copyrights:  10918  1931 12849  [1]
Total Number of Copyrights:             12107  2234 14341  [2]
Copyright holders:
   Gregory Nutt (or Greg Nutt) 11314  [3,4,9]
   Sony 444  [5]
   Antony Dzeryn (Woopsi app) 119
   Sebastien Lorquet 111
   Haltian Ltd. 109
   Ken Pettit 122  [8]
   Pinecone 105  [6]
   Omni Hoverboards Inc. 102
   Alan Carvalho de Assis 100  [3]
   Pierre-Noel Bouteville 92
   Nick Johnson (floating point library) 85
   Atmel Corporation 79
   Verge Inc. 77  [3,7]
   Uros Platise 75
   Texas Instruments Incorporated 71
   Adam Dunkels 65
   Petro Karashchenko 51
   Zilogic Systems 39
   Masayuki Ishikawa 38  [3]
   STMicroelectronics 38
   NXP Semiconductors, Inc. 35
   Max Holtzberg 34
   Silicon Laboratories, Inc. (Silicon Labs, Inc.) 31
   Michael Haardt 30
   Christian Walter (2006) 30
   Intel Corporation 27
   Future Technology Devices International 27
   Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. 26
   ARM Limited 26
   Rommel Marcelo (2010) 25
   Michał Łyszczek 25
   Bill Gatliff 23
   Abdelatif Guettouche 20  [3]
   Li Zhuoyi 20
   Motorola Mobility, LLC 19
   Citrus Project (1999) 19
   NX Engineering, S.A. 18  [3,9]
   Vladimir Komendantskiy 17
   DS-Automotion GmbH 16
   Cadence Design Systems Inc. 15
   B.ZaaR 15
   Espressif Systems (Shanghai) PTE LTD 14
   Brennan Ashton 14  [8]
   Swedish Institute of Computer Science 18
   The Open Group 18
   Gwenhael Goavec-Merou 13
   Evans & Sutherland Computer Corporation               13
   Marawan Ragab 13
   Max Nekludov 13
   Marco Krahl 12
   (no name on copyright line) 12
   CITEL Technologies Ltd. (2002) 11
   RAF Research 11
   Extent3D 10
   Peter Andersson 10
   Giorgio Groß 10
   Xiaomi 9  [6]
   Infineon 9
   Fundação CERTI 9
   Augusto Fraga Giachero 9
   TRD2 Inc 9
   Jose Pablo Rojas Vargas (2012) 9
   Tomasz Wozniak 8
   China Beijing Armink 8
   Volkan YAZICI 8
   Itronix Inc. 8
   Stavros Polymenis 8
   Gábor Kiss-Vámosi 7
   Offcode Ltd. 7
   Neil Hancock 6
   Filament 6
   Young Mu 6
   Ramtin Amin 5
   Mycal Labs 5
   Michael Smith 5
   ON Semiconductor 5
   Aleksandr Vyhovanec 5
   PX4 Development Team 5
   Doug Vetter 5
   Laurent Latil 5
   Uniquix Tecnologia / Uniquix Ltda 5
   Marc Alexander Lehmann (2000) 5
   Sun Microsystems, Inc. 5
   Brian Webb 5
   Cogito LLC 5
   Tensilica Inc. 4
   Make Schulte 4
   Florian Olbrich 4
   Oleksandr Tymoshenko 4
   Google, Inc. 4
   Acutronics Robotics 4
   Broadcom Corporation 4
   Anton D. Kachalov 4
   UVC Ingenieure 4
   Red Hat Incorporated. (2002) 4
   Keith Packard 4
   Jouni Malinen 4
   Nordic Semiconductor ASA 3
   Ivan Ucherdzhiev 3
   Fabian Justi 3
   Zglue Inc. 3
   Studelec SA. 3
   Wail Khemir 3
   Pelle Windestam 3
   Samuel Neves 3
   Intuitive Aerial AB 3
   Ales Verbic 3
   Rich Felker 3
   Michael Ringgaard 3
   hwport.com 3
   Dean Camera 3
   H. Peter Anvin 3
   Dave Gamble (2009) 3
   FishSemi 2  [6]
   Matias Nitsche 2
   The FreeBSD Foundation 2
   Free Software Foundation, Inc. (2002) 2
   Michael Jung 2
   Ziggurat29 2
   Wolpike LLC 2
   Ansync Labs 2
   Andrew Payne 2
   Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt 2
   DataVision s.r.o. 2
   Matt Poppe 2
   2018 Inc. 2
   Geoff Norton 2
   Dmitry Xmelkov 2
   ChaN (2007) 2
   Tim J. Robbins (2002-2004) 2
   Pololu Corporation 2
   Kosma Moczek 2
   sysmocom - s.f.m.c. GmbH 2
   David S. Alessio 2  [8]
   The NetBSD Foundation 1
   The XFree86 Project, Inc. (1998) 1
   The Regents of the University of Michigan (2004) 1
   The Regents of the University of California (1989-1995)1
   Stefan Richter 1
   Patrizio Simona 1
   Calvin Maguranis 1
   ElFaro LAB S.L. 1
   Erle Robotics (Juan Flores Muñoz) 1
   Marcin Wyrwas 1
   Marten Svanfeldt 1
   Dean Camera 1
   Weston Andros Adamson (2004) 1
   Marius Aamodt Eriksen (2004) 1
   Digital Equipment Corporation (1987) 1
   Travis Geiselbrecht 1
   Hexagon AB 1
   Niels Provos (2002) 1
   Sam Leffler, Errno Consulting 1
   Damien Bergamini 1
   Jussi Kivilinna 1
   Stephen Satchell (1986) 1
   Yu Qiang (2011) 1
   Alexander Popov (2002) 1
   Joerg Wunsch (2002-2005) 1
   Helmut Wallner (2005) 1
   Brooks Automation, Inc. (2013) 1
   Daniel Vik (1999-2010) 1
   Todd C. Miller (1998) 1
   Kha Vo 1
   Dave Marples 1
   Wijnand Modderman 1
   Chuck Forsberg 1
   Andy Ritger (2001) 1
   ETH Zuerich 1
   Vytautas Lukenskas 1
   Stefan Traby (2006) 1
   Greg King (2005) 1

[1] Text, html files, image files have no copyright notices.
Build-related files, scripts, and source files do.
[2] Files may have multiple copyright on them for a variety of reasons.
[3] ICLA filed
[3] SGA filed
[5] Major contributors from Sony have signed ICLAs (representing only
themselves)
[6] Pinecone and FishSemi are subsidiaries of Xiaomi, major contributors
have signed ICLAs (representing only themselves)
[7] Anthony Merlino has signed an ICLA and is the co-founder  and CTO
of, now, Verge Areo
[8] I am not certain if Ken, David or Brennan have submitted ICLAs yet.
   They are expected.  Ken has also verbally agreed to release his
copyrights in the past if necessary.
[9] NX Engineering, S.A, is a defunct business wholly owned by Gregory
Nutt.  I need to change the Copyright holder name
     to Gregory Nutt.

Re: NuttX Copyright Info.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

We would need to refine that list to explode 3rd party code, what matters is which files we going to change the headers on to Apache.

Thanks,
Justin