Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> on 2004/02/18 22:35:01 UTC

port conflicts issue

Has anyone else seen this?  I regularly manage to get my httpd-test
checkout into a state where the config suddenly has conflicting Listen
statements (when it didn't on the previous ./t/TEST invocation):

$ grep -r --include \*.conf Listen.*:8530 t/conf
t/conf/ssl/ssl.conf:    Listen 127.0.0.1:8530
t/conf/ssl/proxyssl.conf:    Listen 127.0.0.1:8530

and the server won't start up.  A -clean fixes it but it's kind of
annoying... haven't managed to work out why.

joe

Re: port conflicts issue

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 01:59:31PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Joe Orton wrote:
>>
>>>Has anyone else seen this?  I regularly manage to get my httpd-test
>>>checkout into a state where the config suddenly has conflicting Listen
>>>statements (when it didn't on the previous ./t/TEST invocation):
>>>
>>>$ grep -r --include \*.conf Listen.*:8530 t/conf
>>>t/conf/ssl/ssl.conf:    Listen 127.0.0.1:8530
>>>t/conf/ssl/proxyssl.conf:    Listen 127.0.0.1:8530
>>>
>>>and the server won't start up.  A -clean fixes it but it's kind of
>>>annoying... haven't managed to work out why.
>>
>>Yup. I saw that many times. It happes because of the inconsistency in what
>>config files are reparsed. Every time config files are reparsed the ports
>>are reassigned. If some files don't get regenerated they will still have
>>the old port numbers. So what needs to be traced, is why 't/TEST -conf'
>>doesn't pick up ssl config files.
>>
>>t/TEST -trace=debug -conf
>>
>>should be helpful. If you don't figure it out, I'll try to resolve that
>>later. I haven't written the ssl part, so I'll need to first understand how
>>does it work. Since it's not a part of the normal config.
>

> I didn't get anywhere tonight, but I worked out a repro case for the
> issue:
>
> ./t/TEST -clean
> ./t/TEST -start-httpd
> ./t/TEST -stop-httpd
> touch t/conf/ssl/*
> ./t/TEST -start-httpd
> <fails>

Thanks a lot for the repro case and nudging me into fixing it, Joe. The
current cvs should work fine.

Re: port conflicts issue

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.

Re: port conflicts issue