Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2004/01/22 14:31:56 UTC

Top Level Domain

On 22 Jan 2004, at 10:21, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

> Michael Smith wrote:
>> I'm not currently an _active_ committer, so I'm not sure if I get a
>> vote, but +1 if I do.
>
> I was wondering about this voting stuff the other day and it turned
> out you only have a *binding* vote when you are member of the Jakarta
> PMC. If not you still have a vote, but a more informal one, I guess.

which is the main reason why I wanted Slide to have its own top level
domain and its own PMC: every committer to the Slide CVS modules should
have a binding vote... but since it's impossible to have a 400-people
PMC for jakarta (with 380 people that don't care about slide), that's
the main reason why I'm so against container projects which simply
create burocratic confusion and don't help anyone.

--
Stefano.