Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com> on 2004/11/17 17:20:52 UTC

Re: Server API : JSR 170

James Mason wrote:
> Andy,
>
> Would a JCR (JSR 170) API to Slide be beneficial to your application? An
> idea some of the Slide developers have been kicking around is using
> Jackrabbit to write a wrapper around the WebDAV API so any
> WebDAV-accessible server would be JCR compliant. Interest is fairly low
> right now since there doesn't seem to be a need, but if interoperability
> is a goal for you I'd be interested to hear what you think about this.

We currently have a central point of failure - our file-base store.
Its code is in an ear in an appserver. We have other code in other
ears in appservers which must contact this store for information.

What we'd like is to do away with the central store and have each
of the other ears be part of a clustered slide with central database
and we'd like a library interface that does not go through a localhost
http connection. JSR 170 on top of Slide would do it for us.

RME
> -James
>
> On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 08:56 +0000, Andy Bowes wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I have been using the Slide API directly to integrate it with a portal
>>application.
>>
>>The best place to look for examples is the source code of the WebDav methods
>>in the webdav/server folder of the Slide source code.
>>
>>The choice of using either the WebDav API or the Slide server API directly
>>needs to be taken carefully.  If you write your application to act as a
>>WebDav client rather than use the Server API directly then you can switch
>>between WebDav repositories, we decided to use the Server API directly as
>>our application has been designed to use a variety of CMS repositories not
>>all of which provide support for WebDav.
>>
>>HTH
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Andy Bowes

may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
copies of the original message.