Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by 向日葵 <zh...@qq.com> on 2009/12/28 06:30:33 UTC

about the big file!

  发件人: "向日葵"<26...@qq.com>;
 发送时间: 2009年12月28日(星期一) 中午1:28
 收件人: "general"<ge...@hadoop.apache.org>;

 主题: about the big file!

 hello,i have a question about the big files!
 hdfs is aimed at processing big file!But most web file is small,offen less than a typical block size which is 64MB,so i want to know where do the big files come from!If they are merged from many small files or the achived files?
 I wish to get your reply as soon as possible!   Thanks very much!

Re: about the big file!

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Think... logfiles.