Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by hg...@cswebmail.com on 2003/02/18 16:53:42 UTC

Re: cocoon-2.0.4-vm14, jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12: Problem running Portal Sample

Hartmut,

in Cocoon 2.0.x the portal is only in the scratchpad
libraries, not in the binary distribution.
You need to build cocoon including the scratchpad libs
from source, then it works.
Or build 2.1 dev from source (no scratchpad libs needed
here)

Holger

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Hartmut Schlotterbeck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed cocoon-2.0.4-vm14 under
> jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12 under
> W2K, J2SE 1.4.1_01
>
> I have put the java classes xalan-2.3.1.jar,
> xercesImpl-2.0.0.jar,
> xml-apis.jar from Cocoon's WEB-INF\lib in
> jre\lib\endorsed  form J2SE.
>
> I have removed crimson.jar and jaxp.jar from
> jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12\lib and repaced with
> xml-apis.jar from
> Cocoon's WEB-INF\lib
>
> Then I put cocoon.war to
> jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12\server\default\deploy
> and started the JBoss server.
>
> Cocoon is working so far. But checking the samples,
the
> Portal &
> Authentication Sample doesn't work. After logging in
> with guest/guest
> JBoss shows the following Cocoon exception and the
> Portal is not working.
>
> Has anyone an idea how to solve this problem, because
> want to use the
> sunrise portal functions.
>
> Thanks
> Hartmut
>
> 13:28:13,053 ERROR [Engine]
> StandardWrapperValve[Cocoon2]:
> Servlet.service() for
>  servlet Cocoon2 threw exception
> java.lang.IllegalStateException
>         at

org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.reset(ResponseFacade.jav
> a:252)
>         at

org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:11
> 15)
>         at

>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
> icationFilterChain.java:247)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
> ilterChain.java:193)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
> alve.java:260)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
> t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
> a:480)
>         at

>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
> alve.java:191)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
> t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve
> .java:246)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
> t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
> a:480)
>         at

>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:
> 2396)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
> ava:180)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
> t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatche
> rValve.java:170)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
> t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
> ava:172)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
> t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:
> 469)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
> t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
> a:480)
>         at

>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
> ve.java:174)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
> t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
> a:480)
>         at

>         at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcesso
> r.java:1040)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.ja
> va:1151)

> <co...@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <co...@xml.apache.org>

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!
 250 FREE hours! Sign-on Now!

Re: cocoon-2.0.4-vm14, jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12: Problem running Portal Sample

Posted by Hartmut Schlotterbeck <03...@pinkys.org>.
hgadm@cswebmail.com schrieb:

>in Cocoon 2.0.x the portal is only in the scratchpad
>libraries, not in the binary distribution.
>You need to build cocoon including the scratchpad libs
>from source, then it works.
>Or build 2.1 dev from source (no scratchpad libs needed
>here)

I have tested the binary distribution of cocoon 2.0.4 under a standalone
installation of apache tomcat 4.1.12. There the portal sample works very
well without building cocoon from source. Are the scratchpad libraries
included in the standalone version of tomcat?

Hartmut