Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Siddiq Syed <si...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/04 21:13:29 UTC

retrieving the result from strust config.

Is there any way where I can retrieve the result name from the prepare method
of an action.

For example, I have  the below mapping in the struts.xml file.

 <action name="determineCaseEvaluationType"
class="com.activity.EvaluateCaseAction"
method="determineCaseEvaluationType">
     	<result name="guidelInitConsid"
type="tiles">editGuidelinesCaseEvaluation</result>
       	<result name="shrtsntcInitConsid"
type="tiles">editShortSentenceCaseEvaluation</result>
   	<result name="sscat2p1InitConsid"
type="tiles">editShortSentenceCaseEvaluation</result>
</action>

If I passes the string "guidelInitConsid" , I need to get
"editGuidelinesCaseEvaluation" as a result.

I know its odd.!!

But i am curious to know if we can get the result , through any of the api
method., like actionmapping

Any idea ?

Re: retrieving the result from strust config.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Siddiq Syed wrote:
> Is there any way where I can retrieve the result name from the prepare method
> of an action.
>
> For example, I have  the below mapping in the struts.xml file.
>
>  <action name="determineCaseEvaluationType"
> class="com.activity.EvaluateCaseAction"
> method="determineCaseEvaluationType">
>      	<result name="guidelInitConsid"
> type="tiles">editGuidelinesCaseEvaluation</result>
>        	<result name="shrtsntcInitConsid"
> type="tiles">editShortSentenceCaseEvaluation</result>
>    	<result name="sscat2p1InitConsid"
> type="tiles">editShortSentenceCaseEvaluation</result>
> </action>
>
> If I passes the string "guidelInitConsid" , I need to get
> "editGuidelinesCaseEvaluation" as a result.
>
> I know its odd.!!

It doesn't really make any sense, either--how would you know what result
you wanted until you actually ran the action? It's the action invocation
that *returns* the result. Prepare() is called before that.

Dave