Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/08/18 16:28:23 UTC

IDE occasionally removes JavaFX from New File categories

Hi,
This morning I started the Netbeans 12.0 IDE and created a new project -> Java with Maven-> FXML JavaFX Maven Archtype (Gluon). Then I attempted to create a New File with a category of JavaFx with a file type of Empty FXML and for some inexplicable reason, the JavaFx option was missing from the Categories list of the New Files. This intermittent behavior has had happened before and I am not sure what causes the JavaFx to disappear on a whim, however, when this happens, going to Tools->Options->Java->JavaFx seems to reactivate the JavaFx and put it back in the New File categories.

Re: net beans12.1 C++

Posted by David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com>.
Richard,

Thank you.  I think that cracks it.  I now have a working Hello using the Netbeans 8 C++ plugin.  Now for something more difficult !

Thanks

David

From: Richard <rg...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 12 February 2021 at 13:18
To: David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com>
Cc: "users@netbeans.apache.org" <us...@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: Re: net beans12.1 C++

Hello.

I don't know if CC++ is fully integrated in NB 12.2, but using NB 12.0, I followed what was told in its "features" page :

Until the code integration is complete, go to the Plugin Manager, enable the NetBeans IDE 8.2 Update Center, which lets you install the NetBeans IDE 8.2 modules providing C and C++ features.
Then I configured the Tool collection with my GNU gcc / g++ installation using the CC++ option panel.
Building a simple C project printing "Hello" works fine.

Richard
Le 12/02/2021 à 13:37, David Gradwell a écrit :
Agreed – the hyperlinks don’t work.  I’m running NetBeans 12.2 on Mac OS 11.2.1.

I found that:

brew install ccls

works and puts ccls at /opt/homebrew/Cellar/ccls.  When I point netbeans at that I think it works, but am struggling with including header files in my “Hello World” project.  Has anyone got an uptodate guide to using C/C++ on NetBeans 12 ?

Thanks

David G

From: Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>
Date: Friday, 12 February 2021 at 12:29
To: David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com>
Cc: "users@netbeans.apache.org"<ma...@netbeans.apache.org> <us...@netbeans.apache.org>

You're saying the hyperlinks don't work? When you click nothing happens?

Gj

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 12:55 PM David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com>> wrote:
Gj,

I’m trying to get C++ working.  In my installation of NetBeans 12.2 I see the Options screen shown below, but the blue ccls and clangd links do not work.  What should they point to ?  Is this worth an issue or is it already known ?

David G

From: Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>>
Date: Wednesday, 19 August 2020 at 07:22
To: Albert Flex <al...@foxmail.com>>
Cc: "users@netbeans.apache.org<ma...@netbeans.apache.org>" <us...@netbeans.apache.org>>

Click one or both of those links, download, and browse to what you downloaded in the panel below.

Gj

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 at 04:43, Albert Flex <al...@foxmail.com>> wrote:
Some body know how to deal with it?
Error! Filename not specified.
[cid:image001.png@01D70144.0CAA99F0]
‍

Re: net beans12.1 C++

Posted by Richard <rg...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Re: net beans12.1 C++

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Sentences like this are not going to get you any response, since there is
no explanation about what the problem is: "but am struggling with including
header files in my “Hello World” project".

Could you start a completely new thread for each problem you encounter and
very clearly summarize that problem as the header in the subject line?

Gj

Re: net beans12.1 C++

From: Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>>
Date: Wednesday, 19 August 2020 at 07:22
To: Albert Flex <al...@foxmail.com>>
Cc: "users@netbeans.apache.org<ma...@netbeans.apache.org>" <us...@netbeans.apache.org>>

[cid:image001.png@01D7013B.DB9EBAB0]
‍

Re: net beans12.1 C++

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Re: net beans12.1 C++

Posted by David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com>.
Gj,

From: Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, 19 August 2020 at 07:22
To: Albert Flex <al...@foxmail.com>
Cc: "users@netbeans.apache.org" <us...@netbeans.apache.org>

[cid:image001.png@01D70135.EB035E80]
‍

Re: net beans12.1 C++

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

net beans12.1 C++

Posted by Albert Flex <al...@foxmail.com>.

Re: IDE occasionally removes JavaFX from New File categories

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 ** Bug report? **
Ernie,
Thanks for the detail. It's a good candidate for a bug report, however, due to its intermittent nature, perhaps it would be onerous to reproduce it. I have started using JavaFx about a month ago this was the third time it happened. I will report it.

    On Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 10:40:08 PM GMT+4:30, Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> wrote:

 On 8/18/2020 9:28 AM, HRH wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This morning I started the Netbeans 12.0 IDE and created a new project
> -> Java with Maven-> FXML JavaFX Maven Archtype (Gluon). Then I
> attempted to create a New File with a category of JavaFx with a file
> type of Empty FXML and for some inexplicable reason, the JavaFx option
> was missing from the Categories list of the New Files. This
> intermittent behavior has had happened before and I am not sure what
> causes the JavaFx to disappear on a whim, however, when this happens,
> going to Tools->Options->Java->JavaFx seems to reactivate the JavaFx
> and put it back in the New File categories.

This seems to be a bug in ergonomics (and I ran into it this morning
myself). Ergonomics automagically disables modules not in use. It is
supposed to automagically enable stuff when needed.

In tools>pluginManager>installed, check the box for JavaFX2 (something
like that) and click activate.

Bug report?

-ernie

Re: IDE occasionally removes JavaFX from New File categories

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.