Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tracy12 <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/10 01:10:59 UTC

Perl handlers/PerlAuthenHandler

  Is it always necessary to  declare the perl module as PerlAuthenHandler in
order to update the REMOTE_USER variable.  Cant we just define as
PerlHandler and inside the module update the REMOTE_USER.

Currently I am using the following to update the remote user
$r->connection->user($user);

e.g sample entry in httpd.conf block (which I am not using, given only as a
sample)

<Location /goto>
   AuthType Apache::AuthCAS
    AuthName "CAS"
    PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthCAS->authenticate
</Location>

Following is the one which I want to use.

<Location /goto2>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler AuthCAS2->test_Method2
</Location>

Currently it is failing in the $r->connection->user($user);

code sample in that sub function is (test sample)

sub test_Method2 {
my $r = shift;
my $user = 120124;

# update connection record