Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "Roger Fischer (CW)" <rf...@Brocade.com> on 2017/07/12 03:29:26 UTC

Using Ignite as the SQL Engine for Cassandra

Hello,

I have seen the page on using Cassandra as the persistent store for Ignite. Are the same concepts / classes applicable when using Cassandra as the backing database?

I have a large data set in Cassandra. At system start I want to load the most recent (ie. most used) data into Ignite. The application then performs SQL queries to Ignite. My persistence API will check if the data set is already in Ignite before submitting the query. When part of the data set is not in Ignite, the persistence API loads the needed data from Cassandra into Ignite first.

Is there a plugin for Ignite that gets me started on this? Or are there interfaces or classes that I need to implement / extend?

I am looking for some initial pointers (ie. where to get started).

Thanks...

Roger

Re: Using Ignite as the SQL Engine for Cassandra

Posted by Igor Rudyak <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roger,

You can use Ignite-Cassandra integration module. In case you need to load
specific portion of you Cassandra dataset into Ignite you can use
*loadCache(...)* method of Ignite cache API, providing it appropriate CQL
query.

Igor