Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by anton solovev <to...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/05 16:22:40 UTC

ignite compute job continuation documentation

Hi folks,

Is there any documentation of continuation support for grid job context ?

Except ComputeFibonacciContinuationExample and javadocs

Re: ignite compute job continuation documentation

Posted by Evgeniy Ignatiev <ye...@gmail.com>.
Is there anywhere more elaborate information on how/from what point
actually the job execution will be resumed after the #holdcc is called
and there was a return from the job?

Best regards,
Evgeniy.

Posted by Mikhail <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Evgeniy,

if you understand the code, then you can improve java doc.
it's apache, so anyone can contribute to it, please alter java doc
appropriately and make a pull request with improvements.

Thanks,
Mikhail.

Re: ignite compute job continuation documentation

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Evgeniy,

Agree that the continuation API is poorly documented. Actually, the same concern was reported before:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4222 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4222>

Someone from the community will fix this gap soon.

—
Denis

Posted by Evgeniy Ignatiev <ye...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Evgeniy Ignatiev <ye...@gmail.com>.
May be a couple of lines can be added to official documentation so the
users can actually know about the existence of this feature without
going through examples? Also it is currently unclear for me looking on
the ComputeFibonacciContinuationExample why holdcc is called before the
listener is attached to the futures.

Best Regards,

Evgeniy.