Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Stanley,Michael P." <ms...@mitre.org> on 2001/06/21 19:02:47 UTC

Question about Repositories

I am new to James and Avalon so forgive me if this is obvious, I've been
having problems figuring it out.

I have a question with ToRepository.  and the <block>
repositoriesDefinition and publicRepositories.

I was successfully able to set up a Repository for a certain email list
(essentially and archive) but I am unable to figure out how to specifiy
a repositoryDefinition for it (i.e. I only want STREAM format not
OBJECT, or my own Format, etc).  I am also unable to figure out how to
make a repository public.  It is my impression that when a repository is
public other mailets can access it? or am I off the mark.

Any help, or even point into the right direction, would be helpful?

It appears that Avalon changed its orginization from the version you are
using for James.  It is rather difficult to find documentation on their
interfaces now.

Thanks
Mike Stanley

Re: Question about Repositories

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
Can you use the currrent code from CVS? It would be much easier to sort
out.
Charles