Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/30 15:48:16 UTC

What platforms do we support?

What platforms are the devs and contributors (if you're subscribed to
this list, that's you :) ) testing with and using?

We have instructions in the official documentation for a great many
platforms that I don't think are being tested.  The docs are tagged
with the source code, and IMO if we're not testing it, we shouldn't be
releasing it.

I'd like to identify the few that we commit to testing and supporting,
and push the others back out to the wiki.

Thoughts?

The only thing I personally use is the Jetty bundle, and I can
occasionally be convinced to try the war in Tomcat to reproduce an
issue someone else has reported.

--
Wendy

Re: What platforms do we support?

Posted by Brent Atkinson <ba...@usm.maine.edu>.
+1 Tomcat/war - I use Tomcat & wars with derby, almost exclusively.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What platforms are the devs and contributors (if you're subscribed to
> this list, that's you :) ) testing with and using?
>
> We have instructions in the official documentation for a great many
> platforms that I don't think are being tested.  The docs are tagged
> with the source code, and IMO if we're not testing it, we shouldn't be
> releasing it.
>
> I'd like to identify the few that we commit to testing and supporting,
> and push the others back out to the wiki.
>
> Thoughts?

It's fine.

> The only thing I personally use is the Jetty bundle, and I can
> occasionally be convinced to try the war in Tomcat to reproduce an
> issue someone else has reported.

I use the same platforms

Emmanuel