Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Dedeepya Tunga <de...@yahoo.in.INVALID> on 2021/02/18 14:39:47 UTC

Help needed to configure TLS on qpid proton python bindings

Hi folks,
Am trying to connect to qpid broker from proton via a Tls enabled port. However I see that proton is making plain connection by default, which is connected using ssl on broker side.
* How do I enforce tls connection from proton ?* How can I specify the cert location ?* How do we enable/disable hostname validation for the certs.?
Regards,Dedeepya.T

Re: Help needed to configure TLS on qpid proton python bindings

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I believe you need to call set_peer_authentication
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.33.0/proton/python/docs/proton.html#proton.SSLDomain,
with SSLDomain.VERIFY_PEER_NAME or SSLDomain.VERIFY_PEER depending on
whether you want host verification or not.

The tests at https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/0.33.0/python/tests/proton_tests/ssl.py
might be useful to look at.