Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Vaibhav Gumashta <vg...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/11/07 10:29:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] Hive 1.2.2 bug fix release

Hi,

There have been a few bug fixes that have went into the 1.2 branch since 1.2.1 was released (10/14/2015). I have run the pre-commit tests on branch-1.2 and there are 5 failures that I'm evaluating. Other than that, there are about 14 unresolved jiras with target version of 1.2.2 or fix version of 1.2.1 which I plan to evaluate in the next couple of days.

If there are no objections, I'd like to cut an RC by end of this week or early next week. If you'd like to land in any critical bug fixes, please feel free to do so (subject to the usual restrictions that apply to a bug fix release: no major changes/db changes/breaking changes).

I'll wait for a couple of days for any response here, and start a vote thread.

Thanks,
-Vaibhav Gumashta

Re: [DISCUSS] Hive 1.2.2 bug fix release

Posted by Vaibhav Gumashta <vg...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi All,

Sorry about dropping this thread.

I have been looking at 1.2.2 release again (have run precommit tests, gone
over issues with target/fix version of 1.2.2) and as of now there is just
one blocking jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-16247).
Regarding the JSON license header issue pointed out by Alan, as mentioned
in the last comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-15144,
we can still make releases until ~May 2017 while we work on resolving it.

If you have any jiras you¹d like to see into 1.2.2 please mark them as
such, and if possible tag me in the comments. If there are no objections,
I am planning to roll out an RC in the next couple of days.

Thanks,
‹Vaibhav Gumashta

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Note that now that Apache legal has decided that the JSON license is no longer acceptable we’ll have to fix that before we release.  See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-15144 for details.