Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rsouissi <rs...@stc.com.sa> on 2007/08/24 16:49:57 UTC

If persistance=true in activemq.xml file & multiple consumers are used on same queue -> dispatching hangs

Hi,

I had a lot of problems trying to figure out what my consumers on a single
queue were consuming in the begining than ended-up consuming nothing after
few messages are sent:

- I tried both 4.1.1 and latest 5.0 snapshot
- I created multiple queue consumers on single queue (2 to 10) in same JVM
- Each consumer had its own session, and used the same connection (openwire)
- publisher publishes document in AUTO_ACK and PERSISTENT
- Transacted mode and CLIENT_ACK do not make a difference in this issue
- Issues happens with stomp and openwire alike
- I use Kaha Persistence
- The problem happens faster if queue prefetch limit is low (1 was my
setting because I needed true round-robin)
- Consumers execute a slow service (1-10 sec)
- Broker server log shows nothing strange, except this message: DEBUG
PrefetchSubscription           - Prefetch limit.
- I tried with and without jms.useAsyncSend & jms.alwaysSessionAsync. Same
behavior.

After a lot of digging, I found out the problem only happens when I use
persistance="true" in the broker XML configuration file. When I remove it,
no issue at all.

Is this normal ? I guess my messages are still persisted because I send them
with PERSISTENT delivery mode. Any idea what's wrong in my configuration ?

Thanks