Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Don Hedman <Do...@trivininc.com> on 2005/08/21 02:00:55 UTC

WSDL update caused my app to stop working

Sorry to bother you folks but I am working on a project (picking up for
a coworker who just went on vacation) and am having a problem with
marshalling an element.  The vendor we are working with just changed
their WSDL to change their ZIP field from a Integer data type to a
String.  I have regenerated our classes and now when I send a message,
the ZIP is sent with extra stuff in the tag as follows:

<ZIP xsi:type="xsd:string"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">11111</ZIP>

I just want

<ZIP>11111</ZIP>

Where did the rest of that stuff come from?  Is there a setting in a
properties file?  I discovered server-config.wsdd which had a bunch of
entries for deserializing and the old casting for ZIP and changed those
but it is still not working correctly.  If you could point me to a
discussion group or something I'd be quite thankful.

Don

Re: WSDL update caused my app to stop working

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Axis would add the xsi:type information of for some reason it thinks
that it's overriding the schema (from xsd:int to xsd:string), so
perhaps you haven't regenerated everything you need, or perhaps you're
still referencing the old WSDL.

Anne