Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/26 08:41:41 UTC

Re: Installation of Airflow

Installation under a different user works fine in a virtualenv. You can also install system wide and run as normal user (that is how we run it currently).

Bolke

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Re: Installation of Airflow

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@firemirror.com>.
If you want to use system installed modules (such as os-packaged py libs) the other thing you can do is `pip install --user apache-airflow` which will install into ~/.local/bin and ~/.local/lib etc. This is automatically in the python search path ahead of the system paths for the user

(This is what we do)

-ash

Re: Installation of Airflow

Posted by Dennis O'Brien <de...@dennisobrien.net>.
Hi Kalyan,

We use conda for managing the python environment.  Everything including
airflow is installed in this conda environment (via conda when available,
or pip otherwise).  Then the path to that conda env is added to the PATH
environment variable.  The same approach should work if you are using
virtualenv.

cheers,
Dennis

Re: Installation of Airflow