Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by peter_petersen <su...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/14 14:46:32 UTC

service unit / service engine

Hi,

I'm quite new to servicemix and I have read many tutorials about jbi binding
components, service units/engines and so on, but haven't found answer to the
following problem.

I want to use servicemix to poll on a folder for an xml file, assign values
from it to an webservice request and call the webservice. In short, this is
what I want to do.

So my questions are:

Is this possible with servicemix and its binding components (servicemix-http
and servicemix-file)?

Or is a service engine needed (for calling the webservice and assigning the
xml file values to it)?

Is there any similar problem which is described in a tutorial?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Peter

Re: service unit / service engine

Posted by peter_petersen <su...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Lars,

thanks for your advice. In the meantime, I've read more about service units
and realizing them. Your suggested setup is exactly what I'd chosen, but it
didn't work for me. File Binding (poller) was quite easy, but I have great
problem with the servicemix-http provider.

I'm always getting the error "premature end of file". Moreover I'm quite
unsure in general which are the right values for the xbean.xml.

Is there detailed example for a servicemix-http provider service unit?

These are my two xbean.

File bining (poller):

<beans xmlns:file="http://servicemix.apache.org/file/1.0"
       xmlns:tut="urn:servicemix:tutorial"
       xmlns:ex="http://test.fokus.fraunhofer" >
  <file:poller service="tut:poller"
             endpoint="poller"
             file="file:///C:/service-test"
             targetService="ex:HelloWorldService"
             targetEndpoint="ex:HelloWorldServiceSOAP11port_http"/>
</beans>

Http Provider:

<beans xmlns:http="http://servicemix.apache.org/http/1.0"
       xmlns:ex="http://test.fokus.fraunhofer">

  <http:endpoint service="ex:HelloWorldService"
                 endpoint="ex:HelloWorldServiceSOAP11port_http"
                 role="provider"

locationURI="http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/HelloWorldService/"
                 defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
                 soap="true"
                 soapVersion="1.1" />

</beans>

I'd by glad for every suggestions on this.
Thanks.

Regards, Peter

Posted by Lars Heinemann <la...@compart.net>.
Peter,

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Besides the jsr181 se and servicemix-http component, I think you also can
try with the servicemix-cxf-se and servicemix-cxf-bc provider.

Freeman

Posted by ra...@wipro.com.