Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Axel Bock <ax...@googlemail.com> on 2006/07/05 13:55:03 UTC

[Axis 14] Wrong parameter order when calling super constructor

Hi all,

I have generated stubs for a web service which has some complex data types.
Those data types contain sub-elements, also complex data types, let's call
them AType, BType, CType and DType.

Axis now generates a base class with a constructor like this:

    class TypeBase {
        TypeBase(AType a, BType b, CType c, DType d, String id) {
            // ...
        }
    }

The derived class now is a little bit differently defined and therefor tries
to call that constructor in a slightly different way:

    class TypeDerived extends TypeBase {
        TypeDerived(String id, AType a, BType b, CType c, DType d) {
            super(id, a, b, c, d);
            // ...
        }
    }

That will, of course, go wrong (compilation error).

Does anybody know what I can do about this - other than change the parameter
order by hand, which I will do for now? :-)

Greetings and thanks in advance,
Axel.