Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mahmood Naderan <nt...@yahoo.com> on 2010/11/26 15:03:38 UTC

[users@httpd] What is the default location?

Hi,
I am new to apache so my question may be too simple. I have installed apache2
and when I enter the ip address (http://A.B.C.D/) in the web browser I can
successfully see the message "It works!".... fine.

I also have installed Munin and set the htmldir variable to
/var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring. After running the Muning, index.html file and
other related files are generated there:
root@server1:/var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring# ls
definitions.html  index.html  logo.png   server1
favicon.ico       logo-h.png  style.css

However when I enter this URL (http://A.B.C.D/monitoring) in the browser, I get
this error:
Not Found
The requested URL /monitoring was not found on this server.
________________________________

Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at A.B.C.D Port 80

It seems that Apache2's default location is somewhere else. How can I tell kim
to look in to /var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring where my index.html is there.

Thanks,
// Naderan *Mahmood;

Re: [users@httpd] What is the default location?

Posted by Mahmood Naderan <nt...@yahoo.com>.
I restored the default locations (document root for apache2 and htmldir for
munin). Paths are:
(/etc/munin/munin.conf) htmldir /var/cache/munin/www
(/etc/apache2/sites-available/default) DocumentRoot /var/www
(/etc/apache2/conf.d/munin) Alias /munin /var/cache/munin/www

Assuming the IP address is A.B.C.D, what is the URL for accessing the charts?
Thanks,
// Naderan *Mahmood;

________________________________
> I am new to apache so my question may be too simple. I have installed
> apache2 and when I enter the ip address (http://A.B.C.D/) in the web
> browser I can successfully see the message "It works!".... fine.
>
> I also have installed Munin and set the htmldir variable to
> /var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring. After running the Muning, index.html
> file and other related files are generated there:
> root@server1:/var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring # ls
> definitions.html index.html logo.png server1
> favicon.ico logo-h.png style.css
>

> However when I enter this URL ( http://A.B.C.D/monitoring ) in the
> browser, I get this error: Not Found
>

> The requested URL /monitoring was not found on this server.
> Apache/ 2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at A.B.C.D Port 80
>
> It seems that Apache2's default location is somewhere else. How can I
> tell kim to look in to /var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring where my
> index.html is there.

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DistrosDefaultLayout

If you installed munin from Ubuntu packages, then
it will be somewhere in /usr/share/munin.
It will contain a configuration snippet in
/etc/apache2/conf.d -- or similar
All of these you can determine with dpkg -L munin

> Thanks,
>
> // Naderan *Mahmood;

So long,

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: [users@httpd] What is the default location?

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
----- "Mahmood Naderan" <nt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to apache so my question may be too simple. I have installed
> apache2 and when I enter the ip address (http://A.B.C.D/) in the web
> browser I can successfully see the message "It works!".... fine.
>
> I also have installed Munin and set the htmldir variable to
> /var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring. After running the Muning, index.html
> file and other related files are generated there:
> root@server1:/var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring # ls
> definitions.html index.html logo.png server1
> favicon.ico logo-h.png style.css
>

> However when I enter this URL ( http://A.B.C.D/monitoring ) in the
> browser, I get this error: Not Found
>

> The requested URL /monitoring was not found on this server.
> Apache/ 2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at A.B.C.D Port 80
>
> It seems that Apache2's default location is somewhere else. How can I
> tell kim to look in to /var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring where my
> index.html is there.

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DistrosDefaultLayout

If you installed munin from Ubuntu packages, then
it will be somewhere in /usr/share/munin.
It will contain a configuration snippet in
/etc/apache2/conf.d -- or similar
All of these you can determine with dpkg -L munin

> Thanks,
>
> // Naderan *Mahmood;

So long,

Igor Galić