Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Allen <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/10 22:00:02 UTC

how to get job id through new api

Hello there,

I am using hadoop 0.20.2. I want to get the job ID after submitting
the job. It seems the new api doesn't allow me to do that. But if I
use JobClient, then I have to set up JobConf which is deprecated. Also
if I use JobClient, it seems I need to set
conf.setBooleanIfUnset("mapred.mapper.new-api",
conf.get(oldMapperClass) == null) to enable the new api usage. Is
there a clean way that I can use the new api to retrieve job ID?
Thanks.

--
Allen