Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Raghavendra Setty <ra...@tarangtech.com> on 2006/09/21 11:08:26 UTC

User creation with James

Hi all,

I want info on below:

1) As of now i am creating the users through
	telnet 4555 ...... adduser username userpassword.
I want to create the users through web-interface. Please guide how can i
do?

2) I want to know how the user passwords are encrypted. If answer to
question 1 is not there, then i am planning to insert directly the
encrypted data in to the database. Please let me know the api or piece
of code in James doing this.

Thanks in advance,
Rag Setty

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or received it in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please do not copy it for any purpose or disclose its contents.

Copyright Tarang Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 2004. All rights Reserved

Re: User creation with James

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Hi,

you may also be interested in Stephan Sann's yaJamesManager.
He posted a news here few days ago about the availability of a new
version of his "manager".
It is a servlet application (war) that manage James via RemoteManager: I
never tested it, but it seems to do what you need.

There's a new version of yaJamesManager on Sourceforge.
It now has an error-handling for all kind of problems that may could appear.

Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/yajamesmanager

Testride:
http://www.nameservice.biz/yajamesmanager/