Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@apache.org> on 2016/06/25 08:15:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Use of nsp (node security cli) finds first vulnerable library that we use

I think it's the first [1].

This is in cordova-coho [2], from a test [3] that our former intern Vishal
(now employee) added. I'm not sure if any other repos are using a nsp test
besides coho.

We should add this check to our other repos that use node libraries.

Thoughts?

[2] https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho
[3]
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/c802314090dc262ef41444397a646f5bd178b3db/package.json#L32

Re: [DISCUSS] Use of nsp (node security cli) finds first vulnerable library that we use

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Bithound is a great tool. Looks like bithound has a cli, but it can only
check a repo at a url, and we can't run it locally before a commit happens
(as part of npm test). So it's more of a post-commit tool, which is fine.
For a nested project like cordova-lib however, it can't analyze the
dependencies -- I'm not sure if you can configure it to handle that repo.

Also it's free for open source projects (and has badges, etc).

Take a look at cordova-js, ouch:
https://www.bithound.io/github/apache/cordova-js/

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.