Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Gray <cg...@destinatortechnologies.com> on 2005/11/16 22:36:05 UTC

[m2] Problem with clover plugin

Hi there,

We've got Maven2 setup and building our project, but there seems to be something weird going on with the clover plugin.  We have a number of test cases that are dependent on files that are included in /META-INF.  The test cases complete correctly when we execute mvn test, but when I try to build the site with mvn site, the tests that rely on the META-INF files fail.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug?

Chris Gray

RE: [m2] Problem with clover plugin

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Chris,

Yes this is a bug. Could you please file a JIRA for it?

Actually the clover plugin spawns a forked lifecycle and modifies the output
directories so that everything goes under target/clover instead of target/.
This is to cleanly separate clovered stuff that should not be released from
runtime code. However the implementation is a bit hacky and I believe there
must be a bug in there.

An example on how to reproduce this would be nice in the JIRA issue.

Thanks
-Vincent