Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Brian Carrier <ca...@digital-evidence.org> on 2009/03/13 21:20:01 UTC

Broken textextract regression tests

The regression tests started to fail with the r751690/r751664
checkins (PDFBOX-420: additional CJK support).

Can we modify the automated build system to perform the textextract
regression test and report any failures?

brian

Re: Broken textextract regression tests

Posted by Brian Carrier <ca...@digital-evidence.org>.
On Mar 13, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Andreas Lehmkühler wrote:

> Brian Carrier schrieb:
>> The regression tests started to fail with the r751690/r751664
>> checkins
>> (PDFBOX-420: additional CJK support).
> Are all tests failing or only some of them? Perhaps we have to create
> new result files for comparing?

Just some of them:

10101-AR.pdf
Acrobat9.pdf
Garcia2003.....
sample_font_solidconvertor.pdf
terms_and_conditions_...
whats_new.pdf

They are all differences in non-ASCII / control characters.  Some
have chars removed and others have chars added.  I haven't looked at
the patch to determine why.

If you sync up to before those revisions, can you run the regression
tests on your system w/out errors?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Brian Carrier schrieb:
> The regression tests started to fail with the r751690/r751664 checkins
> (PDFBOX-420: additional CJK support).
Are all tests failing or only some of them? Perhaps we have to create
new result files for comparing?

Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: Broken textextract regression tests

Posted by Brian Carrier <ca...@digital-evidence.org>.
Note that the full regression test suite takes a long time and some
of the tests are currently broken (outside of the recent text
extraction failures).

I haven't run the full test suite in a while, but there are some
performance tests and I seem to recall that they were slow. The text
extraction test isnt' bad.  It takes about 4 minutes on my system
(including a build and test).

brian

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.