Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by sac sha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/24 12:37:13 UTC

Re: Initialization error in lenya 2.0

Hi All

I am getting this error while building lenya 2.0 on tomcat 5.5.27 and
eclipse ganymede. I know installing tomcat is another alternative to get
away this problem. But it is not a solution. I dont want to install another
tomcat on my system just because of this.

Can anybody please let me know if any finding on this issue?

Till now I have tried following methods:
* Changing the permission to read-write for directory: webapp/WEB-INF/db
* Cleaning the cache of tomcat and lenya and rebuilding lenya.

Doing google I found some one mentioned about secure connection:
http://www.nabble.com/Initialization-problem-in-Lenya-2.0-td22087373.html

But I am not sure how to do this as there isnt any hint provided.
I am not sure even that this is a tomcat issue or lenya issue.

Any findings will be of great help.

Regards
Sac

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Sac,

sac sha schrieb:
> I am getting this error while building lenya 2.0 on tomcat 5.5.27 and
> eclipse ganymede. I know installing tomcat is another alternative to get
> away this problem. But it is not a solution. I dont want to install
> another tomcat on my system just because of this.

I don't quite understand this – IIUC you already use Tomcat, why would
installing another Tomcat instance solve the problem?

> Can anybody please let me know if any finding on this issue?
>
> Till now I have tried following methods:
> * Changing the permission to read-write for directory: webapp/WEB-INF/db
> * Cleaning the cache of tomcat and lenya and rebuilding lenya.
>
> Doing google I found some one mentioned about secure connection:
> http://www.nabble.com/Initialization-problem-in-Lenya-2.0-td22087373.html
>
> But I am not sure how to do this as there isnt any hint provided.
> I am not sure even that this is a tomcat issue or lenya issue.

Did you make sure that there is no other web application (Cocoon, Lenya
etc.) running which uses the same DB ports?

-- Andreas

> Any findings will be of great help.
>
> Regards
> Sac
>
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Kamal <kamal.sethi@techblue.co.uk
> <ma...@techblue.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All
>
>     While configuring the lenya 2.0 in eclipse ganymede I am getting the
>     initialization problem in browser.
>     The build was successful
>
>     The error says :
>

>      *Initialization Problem*
>
>     Message: Failure occured during job recovery.

>     org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
>     cannot create a quartz scheduler
>
>     Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
>     Source: Cocoon Servlet
>
>     cause
>
>     org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job
>     recovery. [See nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException:
>     Failed to obtain DB connection from data source
>     'excalibur:LenyaScheduler': java.sql.SQLException: Database does not
>     exists in statement [cocoondb] [See nested exception:
>     java.sql.SQLException: Database does not exists in statement
>     [cocoondb]]]
>
>     request-uri
>
>     /propcowebv3/
>
>     full exception chain stacktrace
>
>     org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
>     cannot create a quartz scheduler
>
>     I have clean build the lenya and then restarted the tomcat also but
>     still getting this problem.
>     I have also cleared the browser cache also but still getting this
>     problem.
>
>     Please suggest
>
>     Thanks Kamal

Andreas Hartmann, CTO