Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by David Balažic <da...@comtrade.com> on 2011/01/21 12:42:46 UTC

Modeller - how does it find pocedures?

Hi!

In Reenginer, how does the modeller find the present procedures on the DB?

I have run it, and it found procedures, but when I check on the DB with:

select  object_name
 from all_objects
 where object_type = 'PROCEDURE' and object_name like 'WHAT_MODELLER_FOUND%';

I don't find them.

Also when trying to call (from Java with cayenne or straight SQL) I get a
ORA-06576: not a valid function or procedure name
or
PLS-00201: identifier 'PROCNAME' must be declared

(the first from SQLPlus, the second from cayenne)

Any clue?

The DB is Oracle 10g.

Regards,
David Balažic

Re: Modeller - how does it find pocedures?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Cayenne uses JDBC API, so it uses whatever the driver gives it.

java.sql.DatabaseMetaData.getProcedures(String catalog, String schemaPattern, String procedureNamePattern)

(IIRC 'catalog' parameter is ignored by the Modeler, schema and procedure name are user choices).

Andrus