Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Omar Adobati <om...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 11:52:55 UTC

Re: Cocoon & Short Message Service

On 7/13/06, Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> wrote:
> Omar Adobati wrote:
> > Thankyou for the answer, I'm glad to read about it :)
> >
> >> We (= in one of my projects) wrote an SendSMSTransformer that works
> >> analogous to
> >> the SendMailTransformer. Another possibility is calling your SMS
> >> gateway from
> >> within a flow. *I* prefer the way of providing "message pipelines"
> >> with special
> >> purpose SendXYZ transformers as the manipulation of the content is
> >> much simpler
> >> (e.g. i18n) and is done the same way as all other view pipelines we have.
> >>

> > So, if I'm not wrong, you suggest to me  to write my own
> > SendSMSTransformer, right?
>
> yes

Where I can find some documentation about implementing my own transformer?
I took a look to the cocoon wiki [1], but it wasn't so helpful as I
hope. There's no information about the code. I'd like to have a kind
of javadoc that would explain me how the code works.

Thanks a lot,
  Omar

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ImplementingTransformers

Re: Cocoon & Short Message Service

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Omar Adobati wrote:
> On 7/13/06, Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Omar Adobati wrote:
>> > Thankyou for the answer, I'm glad to read about it :)

>> have.
>> >>

>> > So, if I'm not wrong, you suggest to me  to write my own
>> > SendSMSTransformer, right?
>>
>> yes
>
> Where I can find some documentation about implementing my own transformer?
> I took a look to the cocoon wiki [1], but it wasn't so helpful as I
> hope. There's no information about the code. I'd like to have a kind
> of javadoc that would explain me how the code works.

which specific questions do you have? The best way to learn is looking at
something similar (therefore my hint to the SendMailTransformer -
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/mail/java/org/apache/cocoon/mail/transformation/SendMailTransformer.java)
that has already been implemented.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc