Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by infiniteuniverse <in...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/04 17:36:43 UTC

Limit Spring Jars Brought In by Spring Feature In Custom Distribution

I'm building a custom distribution of karaf for deployment that is using the
karaf-maven-plugin assembly goal to build the distribution and the system
repository. One of my boot features depends on some spring 4 features from
the karaf spring feature, but it seems that the assembly plugin installs
every version of spring listed in the karaf spring feature file into the
system repository instead of just the spring 4 jars that are directly
depended on. Is there a way to limit the versions included to just those
that are specifically referred to in the feature dependency?

Re: Limit Spring Jars Brought In by Spring Feature In Custom Distribution

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update.

I will take a look.

Regards
JB

On 03/05/2016 05:32 PM, Raman Gupta wrote:
> I was having this (or a similar) issue too:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4306
>
> has a reproducible test case.
>
> My workaround was to copy the correct version of the Spring features from
> the Karaf source into my own feature file.
>
> Regards,
> Raman

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Limit Spring Jars Brought In by Spring Feature In Custom Distribution

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

if your boot feature, don't you have something like:

<feature name="my" ...>
   <feature>spring</feature>
</feature>

?