Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Benoit Maisonny <be...@synclude.com> on 2003/01/13 12:52:29 UTC

FOP compliance in XML?

Hi,

Is there an XML version of the tables in
http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html?

Alternatively, I'd be interested to have the compliance information
(comments) merged into Chuck Paussa's FO/FOP schema.

Either way, if nobody is doing it already, then I volunteer.

Benoit Maisonny

Benoit Maisonny                benoit@synclude.com
Director & Consultant          http://synclude.com
Synclude Ltd.

Re: FOP compliance in XML?

Posted by Benoit Maisonny <be...@synclude.com>.
Hi,

Below is the result of my cross-checking. For each element and
attribute, the first value (yes/no) comes from the schema and the second
one comes from the file compliance.xml. The values tell if the
element/attribute is supported. Then there is my comment.

Notes:
1. Individual compound properties (.minimum, etc.) are not listed
separately in compliance.xml and thus are not compared
2. Only differences are listed, so the list does not tell when both
sources are wrong ;-)

HTH,
Benoit Maisonny

element declarations: yes/no
element color-profile: yes/no
element title: yes/no
element block-container: yes/partial	# this diff is OK
element leader: yes/partial
element page-number-citation: yes/partial	# this diff is OK
element table-caption: yes/no	#I'd say no: table-and-caption is not
element multi-case: yes/no
element multi-property-set: yes/no
attribute active-state: yes/no
attribute alignment-adjust: yes/no
attribute alignment-baseline: yes/no
attribute background-image: no/yes
attribute baseline-shift: yes/no
attribute border: yes/no
attribute border-after-precedence: yes/no
attribute border-before-precedence: yes/no
attribute border-collapse: yes/no
attribute border-end-precedence: yes/no
attribute border-separation: yes/no
attribute border-start-precedence: yes/no
attribute case-name: yes/no
attribute case-title: yes/no
attribute clear: yes/no
attribute color-profile-name: yes/no
attribute column-number: yes/no
attribute content-height: yes/no
attribute content-type: yes/no
attribute content-width: yes/no
attribute destination-placement-offset: yes/no
attribute display-align: yes/no
attribute dominant-baseline: yes/no
attribute ends-row: yes/no
attribute float: yes/no		# I think it's no
attribute force-page-count: yes/no
attribute format: yes/no
attribute grouping-separator: yes/no
attribute grouping-size: yes/no
attribute indicate-destination: yes/no
attribute keep-together: yes/partial	# this diff is OK
attribute keep-with-next: yes/partial	# this diff is OK
attribute keep-with-previous: no/partial
attribute letter-value: yes/no
attribute margin: no/partial
attribute margin-bottom: yes/partial	# this diff is OK
attribute margin-left: yes/partial	# this diff is OK
attribute margin-right: yes/partial	# this diff is OK
attribute margin-top: yes/partial	# this diff is OK
attribute marker-class-name: yes/no	# I think it's yes
attribute media-usage: yes/no
attribute number-columns-repeated: yes/no
attribute orphans: yes/no
attribute overflow: yes/no
attribute padding: yes/partial	# this diff is OK
attribute position: yes/partial	# this diff is OK
attribute precedence: yes/no
attribute relative-align: yes/no
attribute rendering-intent: yes/no
attribute retrieve-boundary: yes/no	#I'd say partial: page only
attribute retrieve-class-name: yes/no	# I think it's yes
attribute retrieve-position: yes/no
attribute scaling: yes/no
attribute scaling-method: yes/no
attribute show-destination: yes/no
attribute size: yes/no
attribute space-after: no/partial	# I think it's partial
attribute space-before: no/partial	# I think it's partial
attribute starting-state: yes/no
attribute starts-row: yes/no
attribute suppress-at-line-break: yes/no
attribute table-layout: yes/no	# I'd say partial: fixed only
attribute target-presentation-context: yes/no
attribute target-processing-context: yes/no
attribute target-stylesheet: yes/no
attribute text-shadow: yes/no
attribute treat-as-word-space: yes/no
attribute unicode-bidi: yes/no
attribute vertical-align: yes/no	# I think it's no
attribute widows: yes/no
attribute z-index: yes/no

RE: FOP compliance in XML?

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Benoit Maisonny wrote:

> Is there a keyword or something else we can use to query bugzilla about
> these limitations? Or maybe they are not all listed?

I've never made a comprehensive review of what is in Bugzilla. I don't know
of any way to derive the list you seek. My goal has been to review the
mailing lists each day & distill this information from the questions &
problems that go by there, but I have not yet been able to implement that.

Victor Mote

Re: FOP compliance in XML?

Posted by Benoit Maisonny <be...@synclude.com>.
Thanks, Victor.

RE: FOP compliance in XML?

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.

Re: FOP compliance in XML?

Posted by Benoit Maisonny <be...@synclude.com>.
This looks perfect for my needs!

I am working on an FO quick reference that includes compliance
information for fop and xep.

Thanks

Re: FOP compliance in XML?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.