Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Serge Blazhievsky <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/22 02:19:53 UTC

upgrade from primary + secondary NN to active + standby NN

Hi guys,

I am planning to upgrade to HA architecture and I am not sure if metadata
is backward capable.

Are there any problems that anybody is aware of?

Thanks in advance.
Serge

Re: upgrade from primary + secondary NN to active + standby NN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
FWIW, I've seen through a lot of upgrades from 1.x to 2.x and metadata
issue's never been a part of it. You should be able to safely upgrade and
then to configure HA. Note that you cannot directly upgrade into HA mode
yet, you have to upgrade to a regular 1.x to 2.x, and then as a next step,
enable HA.

Rollbacks are supported as long as you haven't finalized the metadata
upgrade. I hope this covers the "backward capable" metadata question. If
not, please rephrase that point?

--
Harsh J

Re: upgrade from primary + secondary NN to active + standby NN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: upgrade from primary + secondary NN to active + standby NN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: upgrade from primary + secondary NN to active + standby NN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J