Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Zhu <gz...@timeicr.com> on 2005/01/11 14:52:46 UTC

Has anyone managed clustering with Tomcat 5.5.4+Apache+mod_jk?

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully configured Tomcat 5.5.4 with Apache and mod_jk
to do load balancing and session replication? I did everything as
documents suggested but with no luck. If so, could you advise?

I have configured TWO tomcat instances and a lb worker. Whenever I map
the lb worker to URLs, I got Server Internal error. Then, just change
the URL mapping to one of the TWO tomcat backend workers, it works as
expected. Thus, it indicated that Apache can talk to Tomcat through
mod_jk.

I need your confirmation before trying to use another version of Tomcat.

Thanks.

Gary

Re: Has anyone managed clustering with Tomcat 5.5.4+Apache+mod_jk?

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Gary Zhu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone successfully configured Tomcat 5.5.4 with Apache and mod_jk
> to do load balancing and session replication? I did everything as
> documents suggested but with no luck. If so, could you advise?

Not if you don't send the workers.properties :).

> I have configured TWO tomcat instances and a lb worker. Whenever I map
> the lb worker to URLs, I got Server Internal error. Then, just change
> the URL mapping to one of the TWO tomcat backend workers, it works as
> expected. Thus, it indicated that Apache can talk to Tomcat through
> mod_jk.

You made some configuration error in workers properties.
Probably not added lb worker to worker.list

Mladen.