Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Lukas Zapletal <lz...@bach.cz> on 2001/06/28 11:07:07 UTC

Content_length problem

Gerarld, I have got proof that this problem is true on some systems.

See the included embperl.log. Search for "Formdata". Note that the first
request is POST (username and password strings) and the second is just a get
of a page (with one GET param: logout=1).

Note the content length is 41 in the BOTH requests.

It`s the proof. There is a problem.

What platform do you develop on? I use WinNT, Apache 1.3.20, EP 1.3.3. Maybe
this is problem in Windowze Apache, but I have no idea WHERE can i get help.

Regards

Lukas Zapletal [lzap@bach.cz]
BACH systems Ltd. [www.bach.cz]
web programmer

Re: Content_length problem

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Gerarld, I have got proof that this problem is true on some systems.
>
> See the included embperl.log. Search for "Formdata". Note that the first
> request is POST (username and password strings) and the second is just a
get
> of a page (with one GET param: logout=1).
>
> Note the content length is 41 in the BOTH requests.
>
> It`s the proof. There is a problem.

This looks like a environment variables problem that mod_perl has sometimes
(on windows). It's seens like the content length is not reseted correctly,
so it's still set to 41 on the second request, also the real content length
is zero.

Could please try to restart your server make the GET request. Does it work
now ?

Now make the POST request and the same GET request. I expect that the GET
after POST fails.

If this is true, I can change Embperl to not use the environment variable
when running under mod_perl, so Embperl gets the correct content length,
also mod_perl provides a wrong value in $ENV{CONTENT_LENGTH}

Gerald

P.S. I am out of office for the next week, but I have finished my urgent
projects, so afterwards I will look at the PWS setup and can provide you a
patch for the CONTENT_LENGTH problem.