Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by N V Hari Krishna <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/29 07:38:53 UTC

Shutting down embedded version of Tomcat gracefully

Hello all,

I had a few questions.

1) Is it possible to shutdown embedded Tomcat gracefully?
2) If possible, can anyone suggest me/point me to piece of code that can be
used for shutting down Embedded version of Tomcat 5 & Tomcat 7 gracefully.

Thanks in advance
- Hari

Re: Shutting down embedded version of Tomcat gracefully

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 29/03/2012 06:38, N V Hari Krishna wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I had a few questions.
>
> 1) Is it possible to shutdown embedded Tomcat gracefully?

Yes.  Register a shutdown hook and use it to stop the embedded Tomcat.

--

[key:62590808]

Re: Shutting down embedded version of Tomcat gracefully

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/3/29 N V Hari Krishna <ha...@gmail.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> I had a few questions.
>
> 1) Is it possible to shutdown embedded Tomcat gracefully?
> 2) If possible, can anyone suggest me/point me to piece of code that can be
> used for shutting down Embedded version of Tomcat 5 & Tomcat 7 gracefully.

Call its stop() method.